Friday, February 5, 2010

5 Amazing Years!

I decided today was as good as any day to get back in the groove of blogging, only problem is, I haven't any good daytripping stories to write about! I'm going to make an honest effort to blog our trips from this day forward!

In the meantime, I'll recap the past few months.

Kingston turned one in November! How exciting. My baby is a toddler, he toddles, he babbles,... actually he runs! he screams! We threw him a big bash at ccc, where 30 of our close friends & family came to celebrate the day with us.

We celebrated my birthday in December, with a trip to Boston! We had a fabulous time. Stayed at the Sheraton located adjacent to the Prudential Center - had an oversized room, with an oversized bed, with nothing but time on our side. We started the weekend off with the Childrens Museum - what a spectacular place, bubbles, shadows, water, cars, golf balls, dress up, and kingstons favorite, the car to drive.

Then we visited the Boston Science Museum - where we tried to avoid crowds and see as much as we could. We learned about old trains, engines, dinosaurs - and we had mac & cheese for lunch, while looking out onto the Charles River.

Kingston also rode the MBTA "T" for the first time. He was fascinated by the train, I'm not surprised, considering he gets to see the train 2 times everyday as it passes by our house. He rode the train... and we also carried his stroller up & down several flights of stairs - all in avoidance of having to drive the car or take a taxi while in the city - mission accomplished, mom and dad even worked up a little sweat!

We had dinner at cheers; although everyone didn't know our name. And afterwards we poked around Quincy Market / Fanueil Hall, enjoying a beautiful winter night with the family.

The following day we went to Franklin Park Zoo on my birthday. I'll be the first to admit, times have changed, but it's what i wanted - the day with my family, enjoying the simple things in life. I LOVE the FP Zoo. I love the gorilla exhibit, i love the giraffes, I love it all! We left just in the nick of time, as we loaded up the car, it began to rain! That didn't stop us from having a delicious lunch at the infamous Purple Cactus in JP. I can still taste the steak burrito, it was SO delicious I'm anxiously awaiting our next trip to JP, I mean the zoo.... so I can frequent there again!

And well, lets fast forward to today. The 5th year celebration of Mark & I's relationship. Our union. Our partnership. Our commitment to one another.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my days, traveling with my two guys. Be it around town or around the world... as long as I have them, my life is complete.

No comments: